Monday, August 2, 2010

The beginning of a great ending

I have been trying to write for some time now but it has been to no avail. The problem is that I start and get stuck along the way. I usually never finish, i actually have a lot of unfinished write ups. unfortunately, I created this blog about two to three months ago(if I am correct) and I haven't written or done anything worth publishing or so I think because I am probably comparing what I have written to those of other people .
I think a soul search will be appropriate or would be a starting point for me to discover why writing has been impossible. I think one of my major problems is concentration. I find it really difficult concentrating on one thing when I have a lot of distractions. The television is on , my phone is ringing, someone is talking to me or I am thinking of about ten things at the same time( like I always do). Another reason might be because I have numerous contrasting Ideas in my head about what I want write and I end up writing things that do not satisfy me. It saddens me because I have my way with words, I can speak fluently and eloquently but the moment I put my pen to paper it all goes away and it seem like I don’t know what I am going to write. It is really hard and I am not happy about it. most times I think of other things I should be doing instead of writing. Like reading for my CCNA exams or some family issues I am grappling with and other stuff.I am not trying to find myself an excuse but I kind of think that I might be looking for a wonderful topic to write about.
Just like I said earlier, I get distracted easily. As I was writing I remembered a friend of mine I was suppose to send a message to which i just did. I just hope it does not interfere with my thoughts.
After coming this far, a part of me feels like I am writing rubbish while another part feels like It is a step in the right direction. I don’t know… whoever is reading this should be the judge of that.
I have dreams of becoming a great writer and I hope to accomplish it very soon. I am also a photographer although not yet a professional and I know that all I need is more practice to give me the experience and I will be where I want to be.
It is also rather surprising that I often involve personal information about myself whenever I write and I really don’t know if it is right or wrong but I guess it is because I have always been writing about myself for about three years. I have a journal I keep for myself which I call 'Zerself" a name I coined out of my name, Zainab but this time around it is about my personal self and things that happen in my day to day life.the last time i read somethings i wrote in 2008 i was completely close to tears because i had forgotten a couple of them and it just brought the memories right back.
just like photography, i see writing as an art of being creative with words. being able to create and paint a vivid picture of something using words. i love photography, i love reading and i also love to write.
Weather I am going to become a great writer in future, well, only time will tell because I am not going to stop writing even until I perfect my skills. My life remains in God's hands.

2 comments: