Thursday, January 6, 2011

Desires

I am an ardent fashion lover. i am extremely interested in photography, computers, gadgets, arts, fashion, music, nature and beauty. This does not include my undying love for God. I try as much as possible to put God first in everything I do because He alone can make whatever one plans to achieve in life a success.
I love clothes, wearing them makes me feel good, thinking of them also gives me pleasure and the though of designing them sends chills down my spine. I have never designed any cloth before but I hopeto one day. I went to a fashion magazine today and I totally loved most of the things I saw. I pictured myself in some of the clothes even though I am not a slim person. I though of myself as a size 10 which I am not even close to because I am an 18 but sincerely I pray and hope that in no time I will become a 12. I closed my eyes and imagined how lovely a skirt or gown or top will look on me, God! I loved the look in my minds eye…lol. It makes me auspicious because I know the future holds a lot of opened doors for me. I also love shoes, hair, make-up, perfumes .
what actually attracted me to the magazine which was lying aimlessly on my step mum's bed was the pictures. I love taking pictures and I pray that in the nearest future I will be one of the best photographers in the world(amen). I appreciate good pictures and I liked the ones I saw. In fact it gives on insights into what pictures should look like and how they should be taken even though I have not taken any good pictures in a long time, it felt like a re-awakening and it felt really good I promise. I also love taking pictures of nature, the rising and setting sun, animals, insects etc. it makes me marvel at how beautiful the world we live in is. It makes me appreciate God more.
Music, I have loved music ever since I have been able to understand what good music is, I grew up listening to the likes of Dolly Parton and Kenny Rogers. My parents have never really been crazy about music in fact my father cannot stand too much music, loud music and after a while it bores him out. For me, it doesn’t. most times it feels like a comfort zone. There is a therapeutic feeling I get when ever I listen to music. It is a way of life. I often like to equate it to poetry and I wonder what it would have been like if I could write music and play a musical instrument.
I am studying computer science and quite unfortunately I don’t yet know what I want to major in but I love computers to an extent and I am still hungry for more knowledge about it. My love for electronic gadgets however cannot be over emphasized. I love ipods, ipads, computers, phones and other gadgets. I honestly cant explain why I love them but all I know is that I do. they are one of the good things of life and no one can deny how much they make our lives easier.
As much as I love all these things( the good things of life) I cannot neglect my love for God and my fear of God. Thoughts of him make me cautious of the things I do and think of doing. It is pretty difficult to love exposing one's hair or other parts of the body when my religion does not condole it. My religion requires a woman to cover her hair, some other parts of her body. There are several times when I feel like I am thorn in between two worlds. A world of my desire and that of my God. The battle is always on and I hope that of my God prevails.

2 comments:

  1. u rili grt dear.. just cont wit putting GOD first believe he got better than the best for u in future... he sure ll direct and make u understand that wch u are best at...

    ReplyDelete