Saturday, November 20, 2010

God is responsible...

I do not want to sound cocky but I do not read as much as many people in my class but I still come out tops and this cannot but be attributed to God. In fact these days I know I do not read that much or write satisfactorily enough during exams except in some papers and when the result comes out I do excellently well . Don’t get me wrong, I read a lot but I am relating it to most of my friends .I am not saying that I am better than most of these people but the truth be told that there is someone up there performing miracles and smiling at me.
I love to read books but I have realised that I am not always patient enough o learn the details of everything. Whenever I read a newspaper or magazine I read only the basics and I don’t bother my head with the details and I must confess that I am not happy about this and I have tried several times to do something about it but it has been abortive. I know of someone who pays attention to every detail and it has really helped her and although I have never told her about it but I really envy her a lot because of the positive results she gets from doing so.
these days I do not read as much as I used to . Could it be because I watch the television too much or due to some other reason I am not aware of? The truth be told that I preferred my life when I used to read more to the way it is now. I am now more interested in entertainment which to me doesn’t boost one's level of intelligence at the rate at which reading does. I achieved more during those times of my life and incidentally, this is the period when I need to read more.
I know that my school is not also one that permits reading beyond one's scope of study but instead it makes you read less, in fact you cram before your exams . This attitude is not peculiar to only my school but in other schools in Nigeria as well. Many students only read to pass and not for both passing and gaining the knowledge.
there is a saying that ' work like there is no God, and pray like there is no work' , combining both always work together for good. These days I have been thinking of how to revitalize my reading habits and try as much as possible to read more and also increase the rate at which I pray to God because He has been watching over me and there is a saying that 'heaven helps those who help themselves'. My prayer is that God should continue to grant unto me retentive memory, mercy and a continual remembrance of Him at all times because my success in life can only be attributed to Him alone.

No comments:

Post a Comment